Subject: [PATCH 1/5] Fix memory leak in traverse_commit_list

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:29:23 -0500

If we were listing objects too then the objects were buffered in an
array only reachable from a stack allocated structure.  When this
function returns that array would be leaked as nobody would have
a reference to it anymore.

Historically this hasn't been a problem as the primary user of
traverse_commit_list() (the noble git-rev-list) would terminate
as soon as the function was finished, thus allowing the operating
system to cleanup memory.  However we have been leaking this data
in git-pack-objects ever since that program learned how to run the
revision listing internally, rather than relying on reading object
names from git-rev-list.

To better facilitate reuse of traverse_commit_list during other
builtin tools we shouldn't leak temporary memory like this and
instead we need to clean up properly after ourselves.

Signed-off-by: Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]>
---
 list-objects.c |    7 +++++++
 1 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/list-objects.c b/list-objects.c
index e5c88c2..4ef58e7 100644
--- a/list-objects.c
+++ b/list-objects.c
@@ -170,4 +170,11 @@ void traverse_commit_list(struct rev_info *revs,
 	}
 	for (i = 0; i < objects.nr; i++)
 		show_object(&objects.objects[i]);
+	free(objects.objects);
+	if (revs->pending.nr) {
+		free(revs->pending.objects);
+		revs->pending.nr = 0;
+		revs->pending.alloc = 0;
+		revs->pending.objects = NULL;
+	}
 }
-- 
1.5.3.5.1661.gcbf0