Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] gitweb: Style all tables using CSS

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:08:45 +0100

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > -	print "<table cellspacing=\"0\">\n" .
> > +	print "<table class=\"projects_list\">\n" .
> 
> Should this class be "project_list" instead?  I don't see a definition
> of "projects_list" (plural) anywhere.

Now that you mentioned it, I have checked and... we have a bit of 
inconsistency in gitweb here. There are $projects_list and 
$projects_list_description_width variables (plural), 
git_get_projects_list subroutine (also plural), but view is called 
'project_list', it is generated by git_project_list subroutine using 
git_get_project_list_from_file and git_project_lis_body subroutines.

I am not native English speaker: gitweb mean here "list of projects".
We should probably uniqueify number to either plural or singular, and 
not mixed as it is now. But this is a bit of nitpicking/paintshed...

Changing action name from 'project_list' would be hard because of 
backward compatibility... _if_ we officially used this action; it is 
default action when no project is selected, and all links use this 
form.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland