Subject: git bug/feature request

From: gapon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:27:41 +0100

hi all,
first of all i don't know if there's a bugzilla or something similar for git - 
i have found just this email (on http://git.or.cz/ webpage).

i have discovered "weird" behaviour of git in this scenario*:
- user A is working in repo A
- user B clones repo A
- user B makes some changes, commits, pushes
- user A makes some changes, git status (no info about new commit in his repo 
from user B but it's probably ok i'd say - but some of my files are marked as 
changed and already added to index  but i haven't changed them - that's 
confusing, isn't it?)
- user A can commit his changes => shouldn't be there any info/message/warning 
displayed? it would be helpful to have here some info about "foreign commit" 
in the repo or something like this

hmm?

thanks for git, it's simply the best one!
gapon

* yes, i know that this scenario is "incorrect" but... it's possible and 
therefore i think it should be somehow handled - i tried a similar one with 
hg and bzr and i like their behaviour more