Subject: Re: git bug/feature request

From: gapon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:16:25 +0100

bzr:
while pushing, bzr tries to merge into the current working copy (of A)
-> all changes are applied or conflicts occure

hg:
while pushing, neither merge nor info message, but new head (branch) is 
created in repo A - so then in A you can commit your changes but it's 
different head (repo A has more heads, use hg heads to list them)
btw i filed and enhancement for hg, to let user know that there are more heads 
in the repo (you have to use hg log or hg heads to discover that someone else 
has pushed into your repo and hg merge to merge them)

gapon

Dne úterý 27 listopadu 2007 Benoit Sigoure napsal(a):
> On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:27 AM, gapon wrote:
> > * yes, i know that this scenario is "incorrect" but... it's
> > possible and
> > therefore i think it should be somehow handled - i tried a similar
> > one with
> > hg and bzr and i like their behaviour more
>
> Would you mind describing the behavior of hg and bzr in this case?
>
> I was also bitten by this "feature" of Git.  Until I decided to put a
> bare repo in between and push my commits there.