Subject: Re: [PATCH (amend)] diff: Make numstat machine friendly also for renames (and copies)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:31:01 +0100

BTW. I have noticed something strange with current (after my two
patches) diffstat code:

 3606:[gitweb/web@git]# ./git diff-tree -C -C -r --stat gitweb/test~8 
 0456a2ba58efb0e1d5f7421d5a8a2278e3b15ebc
  .../test/file with spaces\tand\ttabs"              |    4 +++-
  1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
 3607:[gitweb/web@git]# ./git diff-tree -C -C -r --numstat gitweb/test~8
 0456a2ba58efb0e1d5f7421d5a8a2278e3b15ebc
 3       1       gitweb/test/file with spaces    "gitweb/test/file with spaces\tand\ttabs"

but:

 3603:[gitweb/web@git]# ./git diff-tree -C -C -r --stat gitweb/test~6
 cfb9ef9ec73b37f44e9370c4f5d91e01d46ec6e4
  gitweb/test/Documentation-symlink1                 |    1 +
  gitweb/test/Documentation-symlink2                 |    1 +
  .../{git-shortlog.8.html => git-shortlog.html}     |    0 
  3 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

So rename detection works. Strange.

P.S. gitweb/test branch can be found on
  http://repo.or.cz/w/git/jnareb-git.git

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland