Subject: Re: [PATCH] provide advance warning of some future pack default changes

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:24:52 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "Martin Langhoff" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> If cvs 1.11 doesn't talk with 1.12 I'll say there are nuts - minor
>> revisions should interoperate with end users not even thinking about
>> it. But 1.5.5 has in its changelog lots of deprecations and interop
>> changes.
>>
>> It's not good communication to label it 1.5.5.
> 
> There indeed are handful scheduled removals.  I do not mind declaring
> that 1.6.0 comes after 1.5.4, or just relabel the removal schedule for
> 1.6.0 and keep the scheduled change on hold a bit longer.

By the way, I wonder if there would be packv4 in time for 1.6.0;
perhaps not enabled by default.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland