Subject: Re: [PATCH] Test "git log --diff-filter"

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:33:02 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Add test to check "git log --diff-filter" works correctly with and
> > without diff generation by git-log; the main purpose of this test is
> > to check if "git log --diff-filter" filters revisions correctly.
> >
> > This is a companion test to commit 0faf2da7e5ee5c2f472d8a7afaf8616101f34e80
> > (Fix "git log --diff-filter" bug) by Arjen Laarhoven.
> 
> If you look at the commit, you'd notice that I've added
> necessary test when I accepted the patch from Arjen already ;-).

Sorry for the noise, then.

> Does this new set of tests check something new?

My test checks all --diff-filter filters relevant to git-diff-tree,
i.e. ADMRCBT, and not only AMD.

Also it checks if the diff is shown correctly for --diff-filter=M and
for --diff-filter=M*, but I think this should be a separate test, and
use only git-diff-something, and not git-log.

P.S. By the way, it is IMHO a bit strange that --pretty=oneline uses
newline as a terminator (it means that there is a newline at the end of
"git log --pretty=oneline), while --pretty="format:%s" uses newline as
a separator (meaning that there is no newline at the end) when redirected
to file.

 # git log --pretty="format:%s" -B -C -C >current

The 'current' file doesn't end with newline (with --pretty=oneline it
does), when log ends at root commit. Strange.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland