Subject: Re: git-svn doesn't like !! in the url

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 02:30:40 -0800

"Michael J. Cohen" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think it needs to urlencode the items before it passes it back to  
> the server.
> 
> W: Ignoring error from SVN, path probably does not exist: (175007):  
> HTTP Path Not Found: REPORT request failed on '/wowace/!svn/bc/100/ 
> trunk/!!!LeaveMeAloneLibraries': '/wowace/!svn/bc/100/trunk/!!! 
> LeaveMeAloneLibraries' path not found
> 
> works fine with svn co.

Hi,

That was just a warning message (hence "W:").  If the path you're
tracking did not have a revision between r0 - r100 in the repository;
then it'll spew that warning once (it used to spew it a lot more).

git-svn looks at old history in chunks starting at the beginning of the
repository to avoid pulling (potentially) hundreds of thousands of
revisions + filenames into memory all at once.

As long as git-svn started importing revisions when the project started,
everything should be alright.

I just dug up cfbe7ab333d68790eb37341e30f040f99cef6af7 and that
should've escaped everything that needs to be urlencoded for HTTP(S).
(you were also the one that noticed the need for that one, too :).

I also just noticed that changeset didn't make it into 1.5.3.7 nor
maint, however...

Junio: if there are plans for 1.5.3.8, could you please add
cfbe7ab333d68790eb37341e30f040f99cef6af7 to it?  Thanks.

-- 
Eric Wong