Subject: Re: gitk geometry bug on OSX

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:52:07 -0500

Benoit Sigoure <[email-masked]> wrote:
> there is another nit which annoys me in gitk.  Besides the fact that  
> the maximize button (the green `+' button that is part of Apple-style  
> windows) does not do anything, I can't maximize the window on a 2nd  
> screen even if I try manually.  Wild guess: I can't make the window  
> bigger than the maximum area usable on the main screen of my MacBook  
> (max area = screen resolution - area used by the Apple menu - (dock  
> hides automatically ? 0 : min size of dock)).
> 
> Whether this is a bug in gitk or in Apple's port of Tcl/Tk (I'm still  
> under Tiger btw), this is another story.  But if there's a known  
> workaround for this issue, I'd be great if gitk could include it :-)
> 
> PS: I've just checked and, yes, I have the same issue with git-gui.

I'm pretty certain this is an issue with the aqua port of Tcl/Tk
and not with git-gui or gitk directly.

git-gui and gitk both maximize correctly under Win32.  But you are
quite right, here on my Mac OS X system (Tcl/Tk 8.4.10) the maximize
button doesn't do anything.

I haven't tried Tcl/Tk 8.5 yet to see if this problem has been
resolved by the more recent release.

-- 
Shawn.