Subject: [StGit PATCH 0/4] --diff-opts in config file

From: Karl Hasselström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:06:54 +0100

This is first two cleanup patches, followed by one patch that makes
"stg show" handle diff options like the other commands, and last a
patch that reads diff opts from the config file.

The first two patches are in kha/safe, but the latter two are in
kha/experimental because -- as Yann pointed out -- it's good to make
sure the design is OK before committing to it.

I've solved the problem of overriding the config on the command line
by making --diff-opts='--foo --bar' _add_ options, and special-cased
--diff-opts='' to clear all options, including those from the config
file, since appending no options makes no sense.

We'll still have to consider if and how to support different options
for different tools.

Oh, and Jon: is this what you wanted, by the way? :-)

---

Karl Hasselström (4):
      Read default diff options from the user's config
      Let "stg show" use the unified --diff-opts handling
      Refactor --diff-opts handling
      Remove unused default values

 examples/gitconfig       |    4 ++++
 stgit/commands/diff.py   |   14 ++++----------
 stgit/commands/edit.py   |   14 +++-----------
 stgit/commands/export.py |   12 +++---------
 stgit/commands/files.py  |   13 ++++---------
 stgit/commands/mail.py   |   12 +++---------
 stgit/commands/show.py   |   13 ++++---------
 stgit/commands/status.py |   17 +++++------------
 stgit/utils.py           |   13 +++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 69 deletions(-)

-- 
Karl Hasselström, [email-masked]
      www.treskal.com/kalle