Subject: problem with git rebase -i

From: Uwe Kleine-König <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:44:48 +0100

Hello,

I tried to rebase my work (on the Linux kernel) to current Linus'
master.  As I have two branches I merged them and ran:

	git rebase -i -p v2.6.25-rc1

But then the list I got in my editor didn't include the merge and so the
result was broken.

If I add

	pick 913183f

(with 913183f being my HEAD) to the list, the result is correct.

The reason that my merge is missing is that git rev-list thinks my
merge is the same as 249d621 and so skips that as it uses --cherry-pick.

Currently I cannot reproduce that with a simple testcase.
I don't want to publish my tree now, but I can provide a bundle if
someone wants to look into that.

Best regards
Uwe

-- 
Uwe Kleine-König, Software Engineer
Digi International GmbH Branch Breisach, Küferstrasse 8, 79206 Breisach, Germany
Tax: 315/5781/0242 / VAT: DE153662976 / Reg. Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 13962