Subject: Re: Minor annoyance with git push

From: Steven Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:35:49 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 03:38:31PM +0000, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> That depends awfully on your definition of "safe".
> 
> I, for one, hate the idea already, that I am "safe" when "git push" does 
> not do the thing I asked it to, and which it has done for a couple of 
> years now without complaint, and which I have gotten used to.
> 
> And then, there will be a great confusion for me, since I work on 5 
> different machines on an average day, with 5 different git versions, and 
> having different config settings.

Which is worse: pushing more refs than you intended (requiring rewinding
refs on a repository that other people may pull from), or pushing fewer
refs than you intended, requiring you to run the command a second time?
-- 
-Steven Walter <[email-masked]>
Freedom is the freedom to say that 2 + 2 = 4
B2F1 0ECC E605 7321 E818  7A65 FC81 9777 DC28 9E8F