Subject: Re: [PATCH] http-push: add regression tests

From: Clemens Buchacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:23:34 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 09:51:35AM +0000, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> just rename the variable "GIT_TEST_NET" in lib-httpd.sh to 
> "GIT_TEST_HTTPD".

My intention was to use this variable as a global "enable network testing"
flag, as implicated by Junio. I don't see a real usecase for enabling only
HTTPD tests, as opposed to other networking tests for git-daemon or git-shell,
for example. But here you go.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:16:42AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > I wanted to state explicitly that HTTPD_ROOT_PATH and
> > HTTPD_DOCUMENT_ROOT_PATH do not have to be related. I added the -p flag to
> > both commands, however.
> 
> They *are* related, because HTTPD_DOCUMENT_ROOT_PATH is what is in
> httpd.conf, set with the DocumentRoot directive, and it's a path relative to
> HTTPD_ROOT_PATH. And it is set statically to "www".

This dependency can easily be removed by using a symlink. But I don't feel
strongly enough about this point to resist any longer. :-)

Thank you again for your numerous suggestions. I will resubmit both patches in
reply to this message.

Regards,
Clemens