Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Server side automatic tag following

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:26:48 -0500

This series replaces my prior one from this evening based on
Nico's suggestion to use "--auto-include-tag" as the option name.
Its effectively the same series, but every commit is different due
to the change in option name and protocol extension.

For those new to the series, it avoids the second connection
needed to download new annotated tags.  Instead the server side
automatically sends the tag if the client signals it would do
automated tag following.  This lightens the load on the server
and on the client as its one less connection required to per
client requesting updates.

  1)  git-pack-objects: Automatically pack annotated tags if object was packed
  2)  Teach fetch-pack/upload-pack about --auto-include-tag
  3)  Teach git-fetch to exploit server side automatic tag following

 Documentation/git-fetch-pack.txt   |    8 +++-
 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt |    5 ++
 builtin-fetch-pack.c               |    9 +++-
 builtin-fetch.c                    |    3 +
 builtin-pack-objects.c             |   24 +++++++++-
 fetch-pack.h                       |    3 +-
 t/t5305-auto-include-tag.sh        |   84 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t5503-tagfollow.sh               |   26 +++++++++++
 transport.c                        |    5 ++
 transport.h                        |    3 +
 upload-pack.c                      |   10 +++-
 11 files changed, 172 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
Shawn.