Subject: Re: GSoC 2008 - Mentors Wanted!

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 00:36:12 -0500

Carlos Rica <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >  OK, enough, onto the project list!
> >
> >   http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2008Ideas
> 
> Gitster talked today about libification as a project for the GSoC
> (I mangled some comments, I accept complaints):

Thanks for pasting this chunk of the log Carlos.  I otherwise would
have certainly missed it.  Much appreciated.
 
> gitster> For the record, i've never said I am not interested in libification.
> 
> gitster> However.

[... lots of good gitster remarks removed for space ...]

After some reflection I agree with Junio.  As such I have moved the
libification project down the page to a new category, "Projects So
Large Your Head Will Spin".

> gitster> "rewrite git-submodule, put the repository for submodules in
> the superproject $GIT_DIR/modules, and use .git-file (currently in
> 'pu') to point at it", would be a good sized one.
...
> gitster> "teach 3-way fallback logic git-am has to git-apply".

These have gone onto the list as smaller, more average sized
projects.  Both are interesting and useful.  Thanks Junio.

-- 
Shawn.