Subject: Re: GSoC 2008 - Mentors Wanted!

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:47:13 +0100

Den Thursday 06 March 2008 06.33.26 skrev Imran M Yousuf:
> I am honoured and would be grateful for your support.
Great!.

> >  You can make a plugin for Netbeans today that will do the basic like
> > walking the history, finding out what to commit, commit,
> > switch/create/reset branches, decorations based on jgit and you wouldn't
> > need to change a thing in jgit. There might be things you *want* to
> > change, but that's another story and applied to the continued development
> > for the Eclipse plugin too. Even the license might be changed.
>
> I was taking a look at the Mercurial VCS Plugin for NetBeans and I
> think GIT's one will be similar. Using jGit would be great; Do you
> have any plans to have a Maven version of jGit so that it could be
> used from any Maven project? Another question is - Is jGit dependent
Same thing as with Netbeans. We don't need a special version of jgit
for Maven, Ant, Cruisecontrol, whatever. We might (will) discover new use
cases where we want to put more code into jgit because it not application
specific. So go ahead, invoke jgit, send patches etc.

-- robin