Subject: Re: [jgit] index v2 pull request

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:53:27 +0100

Den Monday 10 March 2008 08.32.21 skrev Imran M Yousuf:
> I would like to volunteer to work in JGit;
> can someone let me know where I can pick some tasks to implement?
>

You can pick about anything you want that noone is working one. Pick something
that you feel is withing your grasp, or something simple outside. We need
more test cases (doesn't require much programming skills, but thinking). Unit
testing of Eclipse stuff falls into the same category. I have litte experience 
here, but I think there are lots of examples in Eclipse itself if one starts 
to poke around.

Diff against workspace/index doesn't work presently. The reworked 
indexdiffwalker or the iterator could be used for that. Please tell me if you 
start hacking on this as it's on my listl, just not yet. Should be reasonably 
hard, involves both jgit and eclipse programming.

There are some issues with selecting versions in the history view on Windows.

Copy diff as git patch to the clipboard and vice verse. Send email.

Harder and might involve more changes all over (that either I or Shawn will 
object to) is things like rename detection targeted fo r

Interface to quickdiff machinery for committing specific hunks.

Blame (even without rename detection) would be useful. Look at the CVS
annotate for inspiration. 

Support for git submodules. Will touch the core parts all over the place, but 
probably not in very intrusive way. Will require lots of test cases.

Not really git, but highlighting of trailing whitespace is on my wish list. I 
can't find a plugin that does that.

Adjust the commit dialog for amend so it shows all to-be commited changed 
files when amending.

The number of choices is infinite.

Ant, Cruisecontrol, Maven, etc-tasks.

Pick a pet.

-- robin