Subject: Re: [RFC] Idea for Git Bugtracking Tool

From: Thomas Harning <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:29:17 -0400

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:10:18 -0800 (PST)
Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  * Bugs Everywhere (http://bugseverywhere.org), written in Python,
>    developed in Bazaar, has Git backend support. Formerly written by
>    Panoramic Feedback (note that there is stale version of this tool),
>    picked up by one of developers
This doesn't appear to let you mark bugs as existing at previous points
in history... which partly removes the usefulness of branch tracking....

Grit has the same problems it seems... (at least at the state it was
the last time I saw it).. besides the problem of being gone.
>  * DisTract (http://www.distract.wellquite.org), written in Haskell,
>    uses Monotone as backend. Has good reviews on blogs, e.g. by
>    Masukomi.
Monotone+Haskell+Local Firefox...  doesn't look like this will go far
in the real world where people w/o the entire actual would like to post
bugs...
> 
>  * DITrack (http://www.ditrack.org), written in Python, currently
>    uses Subversion as backend, has plans to be backend-agnostic.
>    Inspired by Subissue.
Doesn't seem to be able to deal w/ branches particularly... looks more
like a way to work as an offline-capable bug tracking system...

I've posted up a wiki @ http://www.eharning.us/wiki/stick/ for a
working concept for how a branch-tracking w/ possibility for
distribution...  Feel free to comment on the page or (preferable) use
the Discussion page...