Subject: Re: RFC: Use TranslationProject.org for git, gitk, git-gui

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:59:13 -0400

[nb. updated subject to be more clear]

Peter Karlsson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> After submitting git-gui translations to a "mob" branch of a special
> repository, and not figuring out where to find and submit translation
> for gitk and main git itself, I would like to suggest adding these to
> Translation Project (<URL:http://translationproject.org/>) since there
> is alreay infrastructure for handling PO translations to multiple
> languages there.

This looks like an interesting project.  There certainly appears to
be a wider range of languages and backgrounds than we have active
on the git list doing translation work.

As a maintainer it looks easy for me to use.  Email in a POT file,
rsync back the PO files a week or two later.  But they ask to be
the sole source for PO files for a package, for all languages,
and the translaters may or may not make git a priority.

I'm open to using it for git-gui.  What do the other translators
active on the list think?

-- 
Shawn.