Subject: git-svn stomps on user properties

From: Steven Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:01:08 -0400

I'm using git-svn to track an upstream subversion repository.  This
upstream repository has several "user" SVN properties (i.e., not in the
svn: namespace).  A recent git-svn dcommit resulted in one of these
properties being reverted.

Here's what happened.  I started a git-svn dcommit of 3 very large
commits.  In between commits 2 and 3, a commit was made by another
person that changed one of our user properties.  When git-svn sent the
third commit, it also reverted the property to its value before the
other's user's change.

Why did that happen?  Surely it isn't expected behavior.  Glancing
through git-svn, I don't see anywhere that it deals with properties
directly, outside of svm/svnsync properties.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide
-- 
-Steven Walter <[email-masked]>
Freedom is the freedom to say that 2 + 2 = 4
B2F1 0ECC E605 7321 E818  7A65 FC81 9777 DC28 9E8F