Subject: Re: git-svn stomps on user properties

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 00:40:44 -0700

Steven Walter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm using git-svn to track an upstream subversion repository.  This
> upstream repository has several "user" SVN properties (i.e., not in the
> svn: namespace).  A recent git-svn dcommit resulted in one of these
> properties being reverted.
> 
> Here's what happened.  I started a git-svn dcommit of 3 very large
> commits.  In between commits 2 and 3, a commit was made by another
> person that changed one of our user properties.  When git-svn sent the
> third commit, it also reverted the property to its value before the
> other's user's change.
> 
> Why did that happen?  Surely it isn't expected behavior.  Glancing
> through git-svn, I don't see anywhere that it deals with properties
> directly, outside of svm/svnsync properties.
> 
> Thanks for any help or insight you can provide

Sorry, I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't had time to look into this
yet.

-- 
Eric Wong