Subject: Re: [PATCH] Default to fetching a remote after adding it.

From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:13:32 +0200

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:33:30 +0100 (BST),
Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Gabriel wrote:
> 
> > This is what the user wants in 99% of cases.
> 
> This is wrong, at least in my experience.  Do not make up statistics
> if you want to be taken seriously.

This is obviously not a real statistic, and poor wording on my part. It
was meant to summarise the justification that I gave in the parent
mail; that justification was certainly up to discussion, and it turns
out I was wrong.

Which leaves us with the other suggestion of the previous patch, that
others have discussed. Now that we have the maintainer's opinion, this
is also settled.

Anyway, it's easy to get into subjective arguments on usability, and
I'll be more careful about this. Which shouldn't prevent us from
improving git usability.