Subject: Git Homepge Update

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:20:09 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:57:41PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
>   let's keep two things separate here: design and content. Design-wise,
> it does not matter if it is wiki or not, it is a completely different
> issue. And making the wiki look good would be non-trivial amount of work
> and the benefits seem unclear to me - so far, we aren't exactly drowning
> in patches for the website either (though I admit that some of them
> might have been lost anyway if the contributor was unlucky and not
> persistent enough ;-).

  by the way, I have read through the homepage again after some time and
tweaked the text a bit for clarity and perhaps grammar (hope I didn't
make it worse than it was). I have also reorganized the Related Tools
section and rewrote the initial paragraph.

  Design-wise, I have added some extra spacing at many places, turned
the Related Tools section to a 2x2 grid to take less vertical space and
redone the main headline.  Also, I tried to tweak the color scheme to
use brighter and less nauseating colors - please tell me what do you
think!

  I'm wondering whether perhaps the page is still too wide now - one
idea would be to move the header, the two link boxes and possibly some
of the contact information to a sidebar - the link boxes always looked a
bit strange to me. I'm not sure how much would it help, though.

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.	-- J. W. von Goethe