Subject: Re: git-gui hangs on read

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:02:45 -0400

Gustaf Hendeby <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 04/24/2008 03:00 AM, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> >Just turn the d**n spell checker off:
> >
> >	git config --global gui.spellingdictionary none
> >
> >That will keep us from evening trying to launch aspell, and since
> >its global (in your ~/.gitconfig) it should default into every
> >repository you have, or create.
> 
> Thanks, even better!  Though, I can't seem to find this option (and 
> other ones indicated by the source) documented anywhere.  Where would be 
> the place to put such information?  For git options the place seems to 
> be the git config help, but given that the git gui is maintained 
> independently the choice is less obvious to me.

Indeed.  The git-gui options dialog lets you select this value,
but you can't get into git-gui far enough to open that dialog.

As far as documenting the git-gui options, maybe they should go into
either Documentation/git-gui.txt or into Documentation/config.txt
in the main git.git project.  The latter almost makes sense because
git-gui does store its preferences in the same config file, and that
file describes the valid keys and what they mean.

-- 
Shawn.