Subject: Re: About git and the use of SHA-1

From: Fredrik Skolmli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:50:31 +0200

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:31:51PM -0700, Geoffrey Irving wrote:

> I sincerely hope that pdf/postscript don't allow the internal
> rendering code to branch based on the current date.  That would be an
> absurd security hole, and would indeed make you entirely correct.  If
> you actually know that it is possible to write that in postscript, I
> would very much want to see an example.

Have a look at 

* http://th.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/People/Lucks/HashCollisions/letter_of_rec.ps
vs 
* http://th.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/People/Lucks/HashCollisions/order.ps

both found on a website[1] already mentioned[2] in this thread. :-)

[1]: http://th.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/People/Lucks/HashCollisions/
[2]: http://marc.info/?l=git&m=120949349923584&w=2

- F

-- 
Regards,
Fredrik Skolmli