Subject: git-svn feature requests

From: Dennis Schridde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 18:04:54 +0200

Hello!

I am missing two features in git-svn, which are:
(a) git-svn-dcommit should give credits to other authors when I commit their 
patches.
I imported a patch from another author via git-am, and then svn-dcommited it, 
but git-svn striped the author information. It should do something like:
if (author != me) write(commitmessage, "Author: %author%");

(b) git-svn-rebase should have the location configurable where it tries to 
svn-up/svn-commit from/to, instead of searching the commits in the history 
for git-svn-id tags.
I tried to maintain a git-svn clone of a repository, fetching from a svn:// 
address, but when I use it locally I need to commit via svn+ssh:// 
(while "updating" from the git-svn mirror).
This did not seem to work. Even after rewriting the svn addresses in the 
commitlogs git-svn was unable to find the svn repository in the history.

I tried to create a patch for this myself, but I clashed a bit with my 
knowledge of Perl (or the complete lack thereof), so I hope it might be 
easier for you to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

PS: Please CC me on replies, because I am not subscribed to this list.