Subject: Re: git gui: Possible to see which commands are executed?

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:44:03 -0400

Dirk Ssserott <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> thanks for your patch. Actually I had problems applying it and
> finally gave up. I'm using the msysGit package which seems quite
> similar to the cygwin package but not in all cases, apparently.

Well, msysGit is perhaps on an older version of git-gui.  But
I had thought they were fairly current and that the section of
code the patch touches hasn't been modified in a while.  Maybe
there was an issue with CRLF?
 
> However, you were right. The trace doesn't show the commands I
> would use on a regular basis (I couldn't stop you :-)).
> On the other hand it possibly helps to /understand/ (or at least
> /see/) what's going on under the hood.
> 
> For that reason I'd greatly appreciate seeing your patch in some
> future version of Git. It doesn't do any harm, does it? People
> that don't like it can simply omit the '--trace' switch.
> 
> Junio? The list?

Junio defers almost all git-gui things to me, as I am the current
maintainer of git-gui.  You are right, it doesn't really hurt to
include it, and now that it is written, the hard part is already
done.  I'll apply it to my main git-gui tree and ask Junio to
include it in a future version of Git.

-- 
Shawn.