Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] git-blame: refactor code to emit "porcelain format" output

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:22:07 +0200

On Tue, 5 Jun 2008, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Both the --porcelain and --incremental format shared the same output
> format but implemented with two identical codepaths.  This merges them
> into one shared function.

They have _almost_ the same, but not _exactly_ the same output:

  INCREMENTAL OUTPUT
  ------------------

  [...]

  The output format is similar to the Porcelain format, but it
  does not contain the actual lines from the file that is being
  annotated.

  [...]

  . Unlike Porcelain format, the filename information is always
    given and terminates the entry:

        "filename" <whitespace-quoted-filename-goes-here>

     and thus it's really quite easy to parse for some line- and
     word-oriented parser (which should be quite natural for most
     scripting languages).

But I guess this got addresssed in the patch, doesn't it?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland