Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Java Git (aka jgit) has switched to 3-clause BSD

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:03:11 +0200

Hi Shawn,

I looked through the licensing info and it is inconsistent. In the feature.xml copyright section you dropped the mention of the GPL while the full license itself was retained later in the section. The latter is correct as we have do have the GPL code that you wrote in the visualization part .

Either we reintroduce mentioning GPL at the start or (you) relicense the graph parts.

To what extent I still have code in there, I have no objections to changing it to either EPL (or LGPL for consistency reasons). I can do the editorial change the license if you confirm that there are no issues.

$ git ls-files -z |xargs -0 grep -l "GNU G"
org.spearce.egit-feature/feature.xml
	inconsistent as mentioned above

org.spearce.egit.core/COPYING
	only mentions LGPL
org.spearce.egit.core/src/org/spearce/egit/core/ResourceList.java
org.spearce.egit.core/src/org/spearce/egit/core/internal/storage/KidCommit.java
org.spearce.egit.core/src/org/spearce/egit/core/internal/storage/KidCommitList.java
org.spearce.egit.core/src/org/spearce/egit/core/internal/storage/KidWalk.java
org.spearce.egit.core/src/org/spearce/egit/core/op/CloneOperation.java
	GPL licensed
org.spearce.egit.ui/COPYING
	only mentions LGPL
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/CommitFileDiffViewer.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/CommitGraphTable.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/CommitMessageViewer.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/CommitNavigationListener.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/FileDiff.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/FileDiffContentProvider.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/FileDiffLabelProvider.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/GenerateHistoryJob.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/GitHistoryPage.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/GraphContentProvider.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/GraphLabelProvider.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/SWTCommit.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/SWTCommitList.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/SWTPlotRenderer.java
org.spearce.egit.ui/src/org/spearce/egit/ui/internal/history/SWTWalk.java
	GPL licensed

-- robin