Subject: [BUG] git-branch -m cannot rename remote branches

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:57:19 +0200

I cannot rename remote branch (possibly packed, and possibly with
reflog) using "git branch"

[gitweb/web@git]$ git branch -m refs/remotes/gitweb-caching/master \
                                refs/remotes/gitweb-kernel.org/master
error: refname refs/heads/refs/remotes/gitweb-caching/master not found
fatal: Branch rename failed
[gitweb/web@git]$ git branch -m gitweb-caching/master \
                                gitweb-kernel.org/master
error: refname refs/heads/gitweb-caching/master not found
fatal: Branch rename failed
[gitweb/web@git]$ git branch -m remotes/gitweb-caching/master \
                                remotes/gitweb-kernel.org/master
error: refname refs/heads/remotes/gitweb-caching/master not found
fatal: Branch rename failed

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland