Subject: Re: [BUG] git-gui loose object warning every hour

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:32:16 -0400

Michael Gebetsroither <[email-masked]> wrote:
> New git-gui does not honor gc.auto=0 setting for his loose object
> warning.
> 
> The loose object warning from git-gui poped up 3 times in the last 4
> hours (i've gc'ed the repo every time).

This isn't a per-hour warning.  What's happening is there are loose
objects which git-gc has not pruned away.  Try running git-prune in
the repository to decrease the loose object count.

> I've already set gc.auto=0 so i do _NOT_ want git to do anything
> automatically.

Hmm.  Maybe git-gui should look at this flag on startup and if set
simply not perform the loose object count check.

> On every new git release there are new automatism that i've to disable.
> Is there a way to just disable all this automatism in all git tools
> globaly?

No.

-- 
Shawn.