Subject: Re: git svn --use-log-author misbehavior?

From: "Stephen R. van den Berg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:48:02 +0200

Mircea Bardac wrote:
>I haven't tested this yet but I have a feeling this is not my case, or I 
>might not be fully understanding the implications of "--add-author-from" 
>on the functionality of "--use-log-author". Technically, they should be 
>independent and the options should not depend on each other:
>* --use-log-author only applies to getting info from the commits
>* --add-author-from only applies to putting info in the commits

They are independent.

>>From the documentation, these 2 options can only be used with git svn 
>init/clone so they should somehow be saved for future use. Maybe this 
>doesn't happen.

At least --use-log-author can be used on git svn fetch (and possibly
other subcommands) as well.
And no, it currently is not being saved.
-- 
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

Confidence is that feeling you have before you understand the situation.