Subject: Re: [PATCH/v2] git-basis, a script to manage bases for git-bundle

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:44:45 +0200

On Wed, 2 July 2008, Jeff King wrote:
>
> Glancing over Junio's comments, though, it might make sense to
> integrate this more tightly with git-bundle, in which case the perl
> stuff would go away. So I'll let you work out with him which is the
> best route.

Well, there is one situation where either separate git-bases program
(which is a good start; it can be named git-bundle--bases; there are
some precedents for that ;-)), or allowing to create 'bases' file
without creating bundle would be good to have.  Namely situation
where two computers are _sometimes off-line (disconnected)_.  If you
want to transfer new commits from machine B to machine A, you would
generate 'bases' file on machine A, then transfer this file using some
off-line medium, then generate bundle on machine B using those bases,
etc.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland