Subject: Re: [PATCH] Added --export option to git-send-email.

From: Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:53:14 +0300

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:03:06 -0700
Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > This option allows the user to process patches with git-send-email
> > and then import them into an email client, without having to send
> > them directly. The output format is mbox.
> 
> Input format is also mbox, so an obvious question is "why?"

Hi,

git-send-email has a lot more mail processing power than
git-format-patch. For example, there is no way to fill in "To:" with
git-format-patch.

I use this because I want to send the emails with my mail client
(Claws-Mail), not directly. This allows me to use git-send-email to
process patches instead of kludging the headers with something like
formail.

	Eduard