Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rename ".dotest/" to ".git/rebase" and ".dotest-merge" to "rebase-merge"

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:26:19 -0400

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 02:47:33AM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> 
> Since the files generated and used during a rebase are never to be
> tracked, they should live in $GIT_DIR.  While at it, avoid the rather
> meaningless term "dotest" to "rebase", and unhide ".dotest-merge".
> 
> This was wished for on the mailing list, but so far unimplemented.

While you have "git am" open, how about adding an "git am --abort"
which nukes the .dotest aka .git/rebase directory, and resets HEAD
back to the original position?

And another nice shortcut would be "git am --forceapply" which applies
the patch, leaving .rej files for the user to resolve by hand.  That
makes it easier for the user to manually run patch while passing a
filename in .dotest aka .git/rebase.

These two additions would make the git-am workflow much smoother.

Regards,

					- Ted