Subject: Re: Breakage caused by 2fe403e7 git-svn.perl: workaround assertions in svn library 1.5.0

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:45:10 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 05:41:48PM -0700, Kevin Ballard wrote:
> Commit 2fe403e7 causes `git svn info` and `git svn info .` to break.
>
>   Use of uninitialized value in localtime at /usr/local/libexec/git- 
> core/git-svn line 4277.
>   No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 
> 897.
>
> If it makes a difference, I have svn 1.4.4 installed, not svn 1.5.
the same problem here, except that I have svn v1.4.6.

The patch in question adds the following line to git-svn.perl's
canonicalize_path():

+       $path =~ s#^\.$##;

which makes an empty string from the path ".".  This is especially
unfortunate for 'git svn info', cmd_info() begins with

        my $path = canonicalize_path(shift or ".");

and from that point everything is ruined, but it boils out only when
it tries to actually open() the empty path.

Removing the mentioned line from canonicalize_path() does resolve this
issue on svn v1.4.6, but I'm afraid it will brake again on svn v1.5.

Gábor