Subject: [PATCH (GIT-GUI) 0/3] Improve gui blame usability for large repositories

From: Alexander Gavrilov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 00:42:29 +0400

Full copy detection can take quite some time on large repositories, which
substantially decreases perceived usability of the 'git gui blame' command.
This set of patches tries to overcome it by:

1) Allowing the user to disable '-C -C' and/or set the detection threshold.

2) Explicitly killing back-end processes, which don't produce any output
  during copy detection, and thus normally won't receive SIGPIPE until
  it is finished. Runaway processes are annoying.

3) To compensate for (1), adding a context menu item to manually invoke
  blame -C -C -C on a group of lines.

Alexander Gavrilov (3):
      Add options to control the search for copies in blame.
      Kill the blame back-end on window close.
      Add a menu item to invoke full copy detection in blame.

 git-gui.sh     |   16 ++++++++
 lib/blame.tcl  |  105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 lib/option.tcl |    2 +
 3 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)