Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] add new Git::Repo API

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:50:47 +0200

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Petr Baudis wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 09:07:55PM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:

> > I think this is a very good idea.  Although... you mix somewhat here
> > relationships.  Relationship between Git::CommandFactory (Git::Cmd?)
> > is a bit different than relationship between Git::Repo and
> > Git::Repo::NonBare.  Git::Repo::NonBare is a case of Git::Repo which
> > additionally knows where its working copy (Git::WC?) is, and where
> > inside working copy we are (if we are inside working copy).  Git::Repo
> > uses Git::CommandFactory to route calls to git commands, and to
> > provide default '--git-dir=<repo_path>' argument.
> 
> Yes, but that does not mean Git::Repo must not inherit from
> Git::CmdFactory. Think of Git::CmdFactory as maybe a kind of Java-sense
> interface to a degree.

I agree. Nevertheless one inheritance is "interface", second
is "subclass"... but I don't think that matters at all.  Just being
nitpicky.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland