Subject: git-svn - failed to clone repository

From: Derek Fawcus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:06:59 +0100

I tried to create a clone of an svn repository,  and it gave
up part way through with the following error:

  Incomplete data: Delta source ended unexpectedly at /usr/bin/git-svn line 3858

Looking at the source,  this is the call '$reporter->finish-report($pool)'
near the end of gs_do_update.

This is using git 1.5.6 from the etch backports repository.

The repository in question was cocotron,  the command being:

  git svn clone http://cocotron.googlecode.com/svn -t tags -b branches -T trunk

It seemed to fail at revision 91,  the last couple of lines of the command output being:

r90 = <hex I can't be bothered to type unless required> (trunk)
        M    Foundation/NSStream/NSFileHandle.m

then followed by the above error.  Looking at the actual revision
page (http://code.google.com/p/cocotron/source/detail?r=91)

the only thing that stands out as odd is one file claims to be 'too large to diff'.
It's ~900k and if one grabs and diffs by hand,  the output is only ~70 lines.

So - is this at all related to the 'known bug' mentioned earlier - stopped on
line 3856 when using line ending mapping (I'm not using such),  or is this
something else?

Last,  assuming I was to simply grab and apply this changeset by hand,
what would I need to do to fix up metadata so that git-svn could continue
importing the history?  There are about 200 changesets in the whole repository.

Thanks,

DF