Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] sort_in_topological_order(): avoid setting a commit flag

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:49:42 +0200

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 06:01:30PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Do people still actively use show-branch as a G/CUI, especially after that
> "log --graph" thing was introduced?

To me, show-branch is just more convenient to use; I can see more easily
which patches are with which branches, which is useful especially for my
new sick-twisted use of feature branches for individual patches, thus
having a lot of interdependencies.

> If that is the case, it might also make sense to stop using the object
> flags but allocate necessary number of bits (not restricted to 25 or so)
> pointed at by commit->util field to remove its limitation.
> 
> Hint, hint...

Maybe I will hit it soon... ;-)

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
As in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know
its true name.  -- Ken Thompson and Dennis M. Ritchie