Subject: Re: [RFC] Git User's Survey 2008

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:42:57 +0200

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Dmitry Potapov wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:25:03AM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> >
> > Is there some channel that I have forgot about? 
> 
> If the start of this survey can be timed to release 1.6.0 then the
> announce about Git 1.6.0 release may also contain reference to that
> survey, and because release announcements are usually widely distributed
> by online magazines such as LinuxToday and LWN, anyone who is interested
> in Git will learn about this survey too.

You can send a story to LWN with two weeks notice; IIRC Git user's
Survey 2007 was announced in LWN around the middle of its duration.
I don't know about LinuxToday / Linux.com.

IIRC tentative date for 1.6.0 release is around August 10.  It is
quite a bit of time from now.  On the other hand that mean lot
of time to prepare questions, and to put survey on the web.

P.S. <tongue in cheek> are there enough of us to Digg / Mixx / Reddit
Git User's Survey 2008 announcement? ;-P </tongue in cheek>
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland