Subject: Re: [PATCHv2] git-mv: Keep moved index entries inact

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:20:24 +0200

Hi,

there is a race somewhere in these 'git-mv: Keep moved index entries
inact' changes.

The test cases 'git mv should overwrite symlink to a file' or 'git mv
should overwrite file with a symlink' fail occasionaly.  It's quite
non-deterministic:  I have run t7001-mv.sh in a loop (see below) and
one or the other usually fails around 50 runs (but sometimes only
after 150).  Adding some tracing echos to the tests shows that both
tests fail when running 'git diff-files' at the end.

Regards,
Gábor

---
#!/bin/bash

ret=0
i=0
while test $ret = 0 ; do
        GIT_TEST_OPTS='--verbose --debug' make t7001-mv.sh
        ret=$?
        i=$((i+1))
done
echo "Failed at ${i}th run"