Subject: Re: git-svn does not seems to work with crlf convertion enabled.

From: Alexander Litvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:37:04 +0700

> This is a known issue, but since nobody with that itch seems to care
> enough to fix it, I doubt it will ever be fixed.

Hello again.

I have investigated this problem. Short result: git-svn and ANY file 
convertion will not work now.

In my case I have found the problem is the 
SVN::Git::Fetcher::apply_textdelta() function. To be more precicly call to 
SVN::TxDelta::apply(). We fetch previous version of file from git and then 
apply to it svn's delta. As far as we modify src file SVN fails to apply its 
delta. If I modify last commit and put original version of file everything 
works.

So it seems to me there are two solutions: 
1. Store original file somehow and use it to construct new file version;
2. In case of this error we could fetch full blob with new (or old) version of 
the file.

I did not find the way to gather full file conntent nor feel myself ready to 
rewrite git-svn to store original file somewhere.

Does anybody can help or comment on this ?