Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-svn now work with crlf convertion enabled.

From: Alexander Litvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:23:31 +0700

> It does not look to be true. I did the following test:
...
> which means that the autocrlf conversion is done for temporary
> files created by perl. (I tested it on Linux and Windows/Cygwin).
>
> In any case, I believe the right solution should be adding a
> new option to git-hash-object to disable any conversion.

My bad, I did not append full thoughts. git-hash-object DOES autocrlf 
convertion but  it cant do it correctly. All it can do - is to autodetect 
text files. My setup has .git/info/attributes file where all files but .cpp 
and .h are binary. While .cpp and .h are text files. In this case 
git-hash-object do not know the real file name as far as git-svn use 
temporary files.

I dont think that disabling convertion is a good way. I really want to convert 
my files. Possible solution is to pass two file names to git-hash-object: the 
real file with content and the proposed file name in the working directory. 
In this case git-hash-object will be able to make correct convertion.