Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2008, #01; Tue, 05)

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 07:21:28 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [New Topics]
> * sp/smart-http (Sun Aug 3 00:25:17 2008 -0700) 2 commits
>  - [do not merge -- original version] Add Git-aware CGI for Git-aware
>    smart HTTP transport
>  - Add backdoor options to receive-pack for use in Git-aware CGI
> 
> The "magic" detection protocol was revised to use POST to info/refs; the
> top one queued is from before that discussion.

I'm surprised you queued these.  They really are not ready for
application to a tree.  For example the CGI is really messed up for
trying to do Transfer-Encoding: chunked on its own, JH was right and
Apache does it for us.  That removed a good chunk of code from it.

Writing the client for this is slightly non-trivial.  I more-or-less
want to shove it into send-pack, not http-push, as the bulk of the
protocol we need to speak is there in send-pack.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get back to this topic more later
this week.  I have been focusing on JGit this week (or at least
trying to) as I really need to get some stuff done there for EGit.

-- 
Shawn.