Subject: Re: [GSoC] What is status of Git's Google Summer of Code 2008 projects?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:10:29 +0200

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Stephan Beyer wrote:

> Jakub Narebski wrote:
> >
> > Please remember that according to timeline in GSoC 2008 FAQ:
> >   http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline
> > August 18: ~12 noon PDT / 19:00 UTC is "Firm 'pencils down' date."
> > (suggested pencils down date was August 11).  So you don't have much
> > time, and you don't leave much time for review, so I guess evaluation
> > would be "done, but nor merged in" or something like that.
> 
> I'm wondering about "and you don't leave much time for review".

I mean here that we won't have time for a round of reviews and
corrections, it means that the code to be sent would be final
version to base GSoC evaluation.  No time for comments and corrections.

Built-in merge and push support for Eclipse went through many, many
cycles...

> A comment on this:
> LH (from the Google Open Source Team) clarified that the state of
> Aug 18 is not the date where everything should be reviewed and merged
> in.  It is the date where the (following) evaluation (done by the mentor)
> of the code is based on.

I agree that is a good idea.  Especially that project schedule (feature
freeze and like) not necesssary agree with GSoC timeline.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland