Subject: Re: Gittogether event?

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:06:10 +0200

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 06:00:08PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 07:34:07AM -0700, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> > I think it would be after that.  I doubt we could put it together
> > with <30 days of notice.  Most people who would want to attend need
> > to book travel arrangements.  While its possible with 30 days notice
> > you can typically get better rates if you have more lead time.
> 
> Also, if this event would indeed be in US, some of the developers would
> need to arrange visa, which takes time too (though the time can vary,
> reportedly - but 30 days should be enough).

(Then again, after a moment of thought, I'm not sure about the actual
scale of the event - if it's just a short thing for a day or two, a trip
from Europe probably does not make much sense. But if we could think up
enough for four days of fun, it would be probably worth it.)

Didn't Johannes mention that he will be in US in October?

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The next generation of interesting software will be done
on the Macintosh, not the IBM PC.  -- Bill Gates