Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] gitweb: ref markers link to named shortlogs

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 01:53:30 +0200

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> This patch turns ref markers for tags and heads into links to
> appropriate views for the ref name. For annotated tags, we link to the
> tag view, while shortlog is used for anything else.
> 
> Appropriate changes are made in the CSS to prevent ref markers from
> being annoyingly blue and underlined, unless hovered. A visual
> indication of the target view difference is also implemented by making
> annotated tags show up in italic.

Nice. I like it (read: Ack), with the following caveat

> +			$markers .= " <span class=\"$class\" title=\"$ref\">" .
> +				$cgi->a({-href => href(action=>( $indirect ? "tag" : "shortlog"), hash=>$ref)}, $name) .
> +				"</span>";

We strip leading "refs/" in git_get_references(), so $ref does not
contain it. I'm not sure of one has to use refs/heads/aaa and refs/tags/aaa
to distinguish between tag and head with the same name, or heads/aaa and
tags/aaa is enough.

Also, the above line is bit long.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland