Subject: Re: Feature request: git-svn dcommit should send deltas upstream

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:41:47 -0700

Florian Weimer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * Florian Weimer:
> 
> >> It's been too long since I've looked at the SVN TxDelta API, but I
> >> thought SVN::TxDelta::apply would take care of the delta computation for
> >> us...
> >
> > SVN::Git::Editor::M does not seem to make use of the base text.
> 
> Here's an attempt at delta generation.  I don't know if it is entirely
> correct, but it does work in the sense that it passes "make test" and
> the test cases I reported eariler.

Thanks Florian.

Works for me, here.  I've also tested this editing an audio file and
transmitting it over the wire without any trouble.  I've added one more
patch on top of your series to check the (undef) return value of
send_txstream.

Acked and pushed out to git://git.bogomips.org/git-svn.git along
with Thomas's other patch.

-- 
Eric Wong