Subject: Re: pack count on repo.or.cz [was "Medium term dreams"]

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:08:28 +0200

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 03:49:32PM +0200, Johannes Sixt wrote:
> Petr Baudis schrieb:
> >> As to why the other packs weren't pruned, I don't know. In my example,
> >> you can see that the pruning happens as we expect. So either there is a
> >> bug in git-prune-packed, or there is something we're not realizing.
> > 
> > Well, that's my question here. :-)
> 
> Does removing all the *.keep files help? ;)

Haha, good catch - thanks! :-) I wonder where they came from, though I
hazily remember some curious behaviour of older Git versions wrt. .keep
files and they seem all to be of old date. Now I have a single nice pack
and fsck of all the forks still passes fine.

Thanks all, I will adopt this for all projects.

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The next generation of interesting software will be done
on the Macintosh, not the IBM PC.  -- Bill Gates